Thai Coconut Curried Norwegian Salmon
Coconut curried Norwegian Salmon with bok choy and green beans. Top it with lime juice and fresh Thai basil to make this tasty dish a delight for everyone!
1 lb Norwegian salmon fillet, skinned and deboned
2 cups eggplant
1 onion, yellow
1 oz ginger, fresh
1 stalks lemon grass
4 bok choy
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tsp Thai red curry paste
2 cups coconut milk
1 cups vegetable stock
2 tsp Thai fish sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1 bunch Thai basil
fresh cracked pepper
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Cut the salmon into 1" pieces.
- Cut the eggplant into 3/4" pieces.
- Chop the onion.
- Grate or finely chop ginger.
- Cut lemon grass into 3" pieces.
- Trim the bok choy.
- Cut green beans into 2" pieces and blanch.
- Heat a deep fry pan over medium-high heat. Sauté eggplant in peanut oil until lightly colored.
- Add the curry paste, onions, ginger and lemongrass and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth and fish sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, green beans, salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Finish with lime juice and Thai basil.
- Serve with brown fried rice with scallions.