Sesame Almond Crusted Norwegian Salmon
Baked Norwegian Salmon prepared in a sesame-almond crust and topped with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
1 cups almond, sliced
2 tbsp sesame seeds
.25 bunch cilantro, fresh
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 each egg
1 tbsp flour
1 each lemon
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly toast almonds and sesame seeds, either in oven or stove top in skillet.
- Combine almonds, sesame seeds, cilantro and coriander seeds in food processor. Process until combined and no large pieces remain.
- Lightly beat egg and combine with flour to form a paste.
- Brush tops of salmon fillets with paste. Dip salmon, paste-side down, into crust mixture and press down so crust sticks.
- Lay salmon crust-side up in buttered casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 12–15 minutes. If more color is desired on crust, finish under broiler for additional minute.
- Finish with squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve with sautéed spinach with garlic and roasted potatoes.