Sautéed Norwegian Salmon with Creamy Potato Salad
Sautéed Norwegian Salmon prepared with a simple salad of red potatoes, celery, dill and scallions. Try to serve with orange glazed asparagus for a tasty dish.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
6 each red potatoes
2 sprig dill, fresh
2 stalks celery
2 each scallion
.5 cups sour cream
.5 cups mayonnaise
.25 cups cider vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 each lemon
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Boil potatoes and cut into 3/4" pieces.
- Remove stems from dill and chop.
- Chop celery and scallions and place in large mixing bowl with red potatoes and dill.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, cider vinegar and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In preheated sauté pan, cook salmon with remaining olive oil over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Serve salmon over potato salad with squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve with orange glazed asparagus with almonds.