Sautéed Norwegian Salmon with Bulgur Wheat Salad
Mediterranean-inspired Norwegian Salmon dish served over a bulgur wheat salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
1 cups bulgur wheat, medium ground
2 cups water
2 each tomato
1 each cucumber
.5 each red onion
.5 bunch parsley
2 tbsp mint, fresh
.5 cups chickpeas, canned, drained
3 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Place bulgur wheat in a mixing bowl. Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Pour over bulgur and leave for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, fluff with fork.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Peel, seed and chop cucumbers.
- Chop red onion, parsley and mint leaves.
- Combine bulgur, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, parsley, mint, lemon juice and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. In preheated sauté pan, cook salmon with remaining olive oil over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Serve salmon over salad.
- Serve with spiced carrot salad with mint.
- Serve with chilled cucumber and yogurt salad.