Poached Norwegian Salmon Salad
Easy poached Norwegian Salmon salad featuring shallots, capers, lemon zest and Tabasco®. A tasty recipe provided by Chef Brad McDonald.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s)
6 oz smoked Norwegian Salmon
1 anchovy fillet
3 tbsp capers
4 sprig dill, fresh
4 sprig tarragon, fresh
.5 cups champagne vinegar
1 cups sour cream or crème fraîche
1 tsp lemon juice
.5 tsp Tabasco
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Poach the salmon gently in salted, simmering water until cooked, about 6-8 minutes. Cool immediately.
- Finely chop smoked salmon and anchovy.
- Chop the shallots and capers.
- Chop dill and tarragon.
- Hard boil, peel and chop the eggs.
- Zest the lemon.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the chopped shallots and vinegar. Cook until dry, stirring as you go, then reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the smoked salmon, anchovy (optional), shallots, capers, dill, tarragon and sour cream.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and Tabasco.
- Fold in the chopped eggs.
- Break the poached salmon apart between your fingers. Fold into the base mixture and season with salt to taste.
- Serve chilled or reserve cold for up to 3 days.
- Serve as a sandwich on a sliced baguette.