Pepper-Seared Norwegian Salmon with Mushroom Penne
Pepper-seared Norwegian Salmon prepared with sautéed mushrooms, garlic, shallots and thyme, and served over penne pasta.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
1 lb pasta penne
4 cups champignon mushrooms
1 clove garlic
1 each shallots
4 sprig thyme, fresh
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
.75 cups white wine
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Slice mushrooms, and chop garlic and shallots.
- Remove stems from the thyme, and chop.
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat until they begin to brown.
- Add garlic, shallots and thyme. Cook for another minute.
- Add white wine, reduce liquid by half and then add heavy cream and butter. Reduce for another 2–3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta in sauce and reserve warm.
- Season salmon with salt and liberally season with coarse ground pepper.
- In preheated sauté pan, cook salmon with remaining olive oil over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Serve salmon over pasta.
- Serve with sautéed spinach with garlic.