Orange Asian-Style Norwegian Salmon with Sesame Broccoli
Baked Norwegian Salmon prepared in a classic Asian-style orange sauce. Easy to make with healthy vegetables. Garnished with tasty cilantro and orange zest.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
2 broccoli crowns
.25 bunch cilantro, fresh
.5 cups orange juice
.5 cups rice wine
.25 cups Soy Sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp ginger, dried
1 tsp sugar
fresh cracked pepper
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sesame seeds
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Zest half the orange, and cut 4 slices from other half.
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice, rice wine, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and sugar.
- Reduce until thickened (about 2/3 original volume).
- Arrange salmon fillets in oiled casserole dish.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Top each fillet with 1 slice of orange, and pour sauce into casserole dish.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or to desired temperature.
- Cut broccoli into florets.
- Blanch broccoli florets in large pot of salted boiling water until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain broccoli well.
- Toss with sesame oil, sesame seeds and dash of soy sauce.
- Arrange salmon on plate surrounded with broccoli florets. Garnish with chopped cilantro and orange zest.
- Serve with brown fried rice with scallions.