Norwegian Salmon Tostadas
Simple mesquite-seasoned Norwegian Salmon tostadas perfectly complemented by refried beans and shredded cheese for a Tex-Mex flair.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
1 head iceberg lettuce
4 tsp mesquite barbeque seasoning
2 tbsp canola oil
8 tostada shells
1 can refried black beans
1 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
.75 cups salsa
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Shred the lettuce.
- Sprinkle mesquite seasoning on each fillet.
- Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the canola oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Carefully place salmon into pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned, then carefully turn over.
- Cook for another 4-6 minutes or to desired temperature.
- Heat refried beans in saucepan.
- Spread 3-4 tbsp beans on each tostada shell, place two shells overlapping on each plate.
- Mound lettuce on top of beans and top with cheese.
- Place a salmon fillet on top.
- Garnish with salsa.
- May add sour cream to tostada.