Norwegian Salmon Tandoori with Grilled Asparagus
Traditional Indian-style grilled Norwegian Salmon soaked in a tasty tandoori marinade and served with a side of seasoned grilled asparagus. A healthy twist to the Indian dish.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
1 clove garlic
4 tsp curry powder
2 tsp paprika
.75 cups yogurt
1 tsp sugar
1 each lemon
.75 lb asparagus
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Chop garlic
- Combine curry powder, paprika, yogurt, sugar, juice of half a lemon and garlic. Mix well.
- Prepare the grill.
- Cover salmon with marinade and let sit for at least 20 minutes or up to 3 hours, refrigerated.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Grill salmon over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Peel bottom half of asparagus spears and toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus for about 4–6 minutes over medium-high heat, turning spears halfway through.
- Serve salmon over asparagus with squeeze of fresh lemon juice.