Norwegian Salmon Piccata
Simple-to-sauté Norwegian Salmon lightened with white wine, lemon juice and capers. A clean and tasty dish for all occasions.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
.5 cups flour
fresh cracked pepper
.25 cups extra virgin olive oil
.25 cups white wine
.25 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp lemon juice
.25 cups capers
2 tbsp butter
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge both sides of each fillet in seasoned flour.
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil; swirl oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Carefully place salmon in pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until evenly brown. Turn over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine, chicken broth, lemon juice and capers to pan and bring to just a simmer.
- When salmon is cooked to desired temperature, remove fillets to plates.
- Turn off heat, add chilled butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir until butter is melted.
- Pour sauce over fillets.
- May be served with spinach linguine tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.