Norwegian Salmon Corn Chowder
Clean, creamy clam chowder, livened with simple diced Norwegian Salmon, corn kernels and dill.
2 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
4 sprig dill, fresh
fresh cracked pepper
2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp butter
2 18.5 oz cans clam chowder, heat and serve (no added liquid needed)
2 cups corn kernels
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Cut salmon into 1/2" dice.
- Chop the dill.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, then add oil and butter.
- Add the salmon and sauté briefly until slightly golden.
- Add the clam chowder and corn.
- Cover and cook until soup is hot and salmon cooked through.
- Tranfer to bowls and garnish with dill.
- Serve with sandwich for soup and sandwich combination.
- Serve with salad for soup and salad combination.
- Serve with vinegar chips.
- Serve with oyster crackers.