Norwegian Salmon Burgers
Juicy Norwegian Salmon burgers with all the warmth of the Norwegian people and all the freshness of an Arctic sea breeze.
2 lb 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
.25 cups mayonnaise
1 each egg
.5 bunch chives, fresh
.5 bunch parsley
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Old Bay® seasoning
1 cups breadcrumbs
.25 cups flour
1 each tomatoes, large
.5 each red onion
4 each burger buns
1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
.5 cups tarter sauce
4 each Boston lettuce leaves
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Place Norwegian Salmon in food processor and process until a paste forms, about 1 minute.
- Add mayonnaise, egg, chives, parsley, lemon juice, Old Bay® seasoning, salt and pepper, and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and fold in breadcrumbs.
- Form into patties about 3/4'' thick, and lightly coat with flour.
- Slice tomatoes and onions, and lightly toast buns.
- Cook burgers in preheated sauté pan with vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked to desired temerature.
- Serve salmon burgers on toasted sesame buns with tartar sauce, lettuce, sliced tomato and onion.
- Serve with roasted potatoes.
- Keep it light with a mixed green salad.
- Make them on a grill, brushing with a little oil first.
- Make mini-burgers as an appetizer for a party.