Norwegian Salmon Burgers with Tartar Sauce
Simple and juicy Norwegian Salmon burger served on toasted sesame buns and topped with tartar sauce, tomato and onion.
2 lb Norwegian salmon fillet, skinned and deboned
.75 cups mayonnaise
1 each egg
.5 bunch chives
.25 bunch parsley
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Old Bay® seasoning
1 cups breadcrumbs
.25 cups flour
1 each tomatoes, large
.5 each red onion
4 each burger buns
1 tbsp vegetable oil
.5 cups tarter sauce
4 each lettuce leaves
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Place salmon in food processor and process for a few minutes until a paste forms.
- Add mayonnaise, egg, chives, parsley, lemon juice, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper, and pulse until thoroughly combined. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Fold in breadcrumbs. Form into 4 patties about 3/4" thick, lightly coat with flour.
- Slice tomatoes and onions, and lightly toast buns.
- Cook burgers in preheated sauté pan with vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve salmon burgers on toasted sesame buns with tartar sauce, lettuce, sliced tomato and onion.
- Serve with roasted potatoes.