Norwegian Salmon Béarnaise
Grilled Norwegian Salmon covered in a warm, rich Béarnaise sauce and placed atop a bed of tender asparagus. An easy made dish for ready to amaze!
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
2 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 tbsp water
.5 lb butter
6 sprig tarragon
.75 lb asparagus
fresh cracked pepper
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Prepare the grill.
- Separate yolks from whites, reserving yolks.
- Melt the butter.
- Chop the tarragon.
- In food processor, combine egg yolks, lemon juice, water, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- While processor is running, slowly add melted butter, and then tarragon. Process another 30 seconds, then reserve and warm.
- Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Reserve and keep warm.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or to desired temperature.
- Divide asparagus onto 4 plates with place salmon on top and then spoon warm bearnaise over the salmon.
- Serve with roasted potatoes.