Korean-Style Norwegian Salmon Tacos
Grilled soy and honey–marinated Norwegian Salmon slices wrapped up in soft tortillas with a spicy Korean-style cole slaw.
1 lb Norwegian salmon fillet, skinned and deboned
1 clove garlic
1 oz ginger, fresh
.5 cups Soy Sauce
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
.25 cups rice wine
2 tsp sugar
.25 cups mayonnaise, light
2 tsp chilli paste
1 lb coleslaw mix
4 6" flour tortillas
.25 bunch cilantro, fresh
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Cut the salmon into 1/2" slices.
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, sesame oil, 1 tbsp ginger and rice wine, then bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place salmon in zipper bag or baking dish and pour marinade over. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Prepare the grill.
- Toss coleslaw mix with salt and leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain the the liquid from the slaw.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining rice vinegar, remaining ginger, sugar, mayonnaise and chili paste.
- Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to combine.
- Grill salmon on a medium-high grill for 1 minute on each side.
- Grill tortillas on both sides, if desired.
- Place 2 slices of salmon on each tortilla. Top with spicy slaw and cilantro leaves. repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.