Grilled Norwegian Salmon with Lemon-Herb Cous Cous
Simple Mediterranean lemon grilled Norwegian Salmon served over lemon-herb cous cous, finished with a tasty, creamy Greek cucumber-yogurt sauce.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
1 cups Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic
3 sprig dill, fresh
.5 bunch chives, fresh
.25 bunch parsley
.25 bunch mint, fresh
1.5 cups water
1 cups cous cous
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp lemon juice
fresh cracked pepper
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Prepare the grill.
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- Peel, seed and grate the cucumber, squeezing to remove excess liquid.
- Finely chop garlic, dill, chives, parsley and mint.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Bring water (or you can substitute with broth) to a boil.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Chop chives, parsley, and mint.
- Place cous cous in shallow casserole dish. Add extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Add boiling water and cover with lid. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, lemon juice, chives, parsley, and mint. Fluff with fork and break up any lumps.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or to desired temperature.
- Serve salmon atop cous cous garnished with cucumber-yogurt sauce.
- Serve with sauteed spinach with garlic.