Grilled Norwegian Salmon Gyro
Get a taste of the Mediterranean with this easy grilled salmon pita, stuffed with a tomato-cucumber salad and dill–Greek yogurt sauce.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
1 red onion
6 sprig dill, fresh
.25 bunch parsley
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cups Greek yogurt
4 pita bread
.5 head iceberg lettuce
fresh cracked pepper
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Prepare the grill
- Cut tomato into 1/2" dice.
- Peel, seed and chop cucumber into 1/2" dice.
- Chop the onion into 1/4" dice.
- Chop the dill and parsley.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Shred the lettuce.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, 1/2 the dill, parsley, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine and mix yogurt, garlic, remaining dill, salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired temperature.
- Warm pita in oven if desired, then cut pita in half.
- Cut salmon fillets in half. Place half of fillet of salmon in each half of pita bread.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomato-cucumber salad and dill-yogurt sauce.
- Serve with sea salt and vinegar french fries.
- Serve over spiced carrot salad with mint.