Foil Baked Norwegian Salmon with Potatoes, Apples and Shallots
Simple Norwegian Salmon fillets baked in foil pockets with a hearty and sweet red potato, apple and shallot mix.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s)
4 red potatoes
4 tbsp butter
fresh cracked pepper
4 sprig dill, fresh
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut lemon into slices.
- Cut potatoes in half and parboil.
- Core apples and cut into wedges.
- Thinly slice the shallots.
- Place a 12” square piece of foil on a flat surface.
- Lightly butter center of foil. Place 1 fillet of salmon in center. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top salmon with piece of butter, sprig of dill, and slice of lemon.
- Arrange ¼ of potatoes, apples and shallots around salmon fillet.
- Bring 2 sides of foil together and fold over. Fold remaining sides over to create tightly sealed package.
- Repeat for remaining salmon fillets.
- Bake foil packages for 12–15 minutes, or until cooked to desired temperature.
- Serve with slow-braised spicy cabbage
- Serve with orange-glazed asparagus with almonds
- Serve with marinated grilled vegetables
- Serve over mixed green salad