Double-Decker Norwegian Salmon Club Sandwich
Warm pan-roasted Norwegian Salmon piled high with fresh bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo between layers of whole-grain toast. A healthy option to the classic!
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
12 slices whole-grain bread
12 slices bacon
2 tomatoes, large
.5 head iceberg lettuce
2.5 tbsp Old Bay® seasoning
.5 tsp fresh cracked pepper
2 tbsp canola oil
1 cups mayonnaise
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Season salmon with 1 tbsp Old Bay® Seasoning and pepper.
- Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the canola oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Carefully place salmon into pan, cook for 3 minutes until lightly golden brown. Carefully turn over and cook another 3-5 minutes or to desired temperature.
- Remove salmon from pan and cook bacon until crispy.
- Prep lettuce leaves.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Mix the mayonnaise with ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread each of the 12 slices of toast with 2 tsp Old Bay–seasoned mayonnaise (more if desired).
- Place 3 slices of bacon on a piece of toast with mayonnaise side up, followed by tomato slices and 1 lettuce leaf.
- Top lettuce with 2nd piece of toast with mayonnaise side down, followed by a salmon fillet and 3rd piece of toast with mayonnaise side down.
- Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
- Cut on the diagonal and serve.
- Serve with potato chips.
- Serve with soup.
- Serve with small salad.