Chilled Norwegian Salmon Pasta Salad
Easy pasta salad featuring fresh lemon-baked Norwegian Salmon, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, red onion and snap peas tossed with a rich vinaigrette
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin on
1 clove garlic
10 sprig parsley
.5 bunch basil, fresh
1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
2 bell peppers, red
1.5 cups snap peas
1 red onion
1 lb rotini pasta
1 cups extra virgin olive oil
.5 cups red wine vinegar
fresh cracked pepper
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut lemon into slices.
- Place salmon fillets skin-side down in an oiled casserole dish.
- Season each fillet with salt and pepper, and place a slice of lemon on top.
- Bake uncovered for 10–12 minutes or to desired temperature - do not over cook.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Break salmon into 1” pieces and reserve.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Drain and cool under cold running water and toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Wash and chop the parsley and basil leaves.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut red peppers and snap peas into thin strips.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, parsley and basil.
In large mixing bowl, combine cooked pasta, salmon, cherry tomatoes, red bell peppers, snap peas and red onions.
Pour vinaigrette over and toss gently.
- Serve with mixed green salad