Black Pepper–Crusted Norwegian Salmon
Clean and crisp pan-seared Norwegian Salmon fillets encrusted in spicy black pepper. Try to serve this healthy dish with pasta or over a bed of mixed greens.
4 each 5-6 oz Norwegian Salmon fillet(s), skin removed
2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking for more people takes longer time
- Be careful with salty ingredients and spices, you should add to taste towards the end
- Sprinkle pepper evenly over flesh side of each piece of salmon and press lightly to help adhere
- Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan
- Carefully place salmon, pepper-side down into pan
- Season salmon in the pan with salt
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until first side is evenly brown and slightly crisp, turn
- Cook for 4-6 minutes or to desired temperature
- Remove from heat and serve
- Serve over cooked whole wheat pasta tossed with black or smoked pepper–enhanced Alfredo sauce, with sautéed diced red, green, yellow bell peppers, red onion slivers and diced tomato.
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens, tossed with peppercorn ranch dressing, with halved cherry tomatoes, thin-sliced red onion rings and bagel chip croutons.
- Serve a salmon, crisp bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich on toasted multi-grain bread spread with dill–enhanced tartar sauce.